Are you an enterprise architect looking for right enterprise architecture tools to do your job? Capstera is a business architecture software, and if your scope is limited to enterprise business architecture, rather than a full-fledged enterprise architecture software and solutions, please do check out our Business Architecture Tool.
If done right, enterprise architecture offers tremendous value to a company. It can provide a holistic view of the business and act as a bridge between business vision and direction to operational priorities and the Information technology assets that enable them. However, when enterprise architects operate within the realm of EITA (Enterprise Information Technology Architecture) and focus more on artifacts, rather than outcomes, the value of enterprise architecture diminishes substantively.
Typical Scope of Enterprise Architecture Tools:
An average enterprise architecture tool, depending on the extent and the footprint of the solution should include some of the following. Of course, not every software will have every of the following enterprise architecture features and functions:
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy and Planning
- Business Architecture
- Information and Data Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Solution Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Application Portfolio Management
- IT Asset Management
- IT Portfolio Planning
Please note that this is not an exhaustive listing of all available enterprise architecture platforms. Furthermore, this is not a rating or a full-fledged review of any of the software solutions. A listing of enterprise architecture tools should not be construed as an endorsement of the platforms by Capstera, and an exclusion of any software is not an adverse judgment. You must also realize that your selection of the tool is dependent on your enterprise architecture model and the framework. Last but not least, Capstera and the enterprise architecture tools and platforms listed here do not have any relationship.
Without much further ado, here are a few of the well-known enterprise architecture tool.
A sampling of enterprise architecture tools and platforms:
- ISERVER FOR ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- Product: iServer for Enterprise Architecture
- Company: Orbus Software
- Website URL: http://www.orbussoftware.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrbusSoftware
Outline: iServer for Enterprise Architecture is a product designed to act as a long-term, cost-effective way to simplify an organization’s architecture by means of collaborative modeling. Data-driven Microsoft Visio diagrams can be created and stored in an iServer Repository, adhering to all EA standards and offering customized framework support as well.
- Microsoft Visio Integration. iServer natively supports Microsoft Visio, allowing businesses to generate models and diagrams that can then be imported into the iServer application.
- Central Architecture Repository. Collaborative modeling is managed through one efficient, straightforward point-of-access.
- Analysis & Decision Making Tools. Customers can analyze their data with only the most complete, accurate and up-to-date information, putting them in a position to make the most informed, actionable decisions moving forward.
- Preconfigured Meta-Model. iServer allows users to employ any modeling notation – including ones like ArchiMate, BPMN, and UML – or design their own.
- Architecture Framework Support. iServer provides comprehensive support for many architecture frameworks used today, including but not limited to ones like IT4IT and MODAF.
Website URL: http://www.mega.com
Hopex from MEGA is an enterprise architecture solution designed to help businesses build a better visual representation of their organization, guaranteeing that technological resources are always mapped towards ongoing strategies, long-term goals, business processes, resources and more. Hopex allows IT leaders to see the impact of their decisions in real-time, enabling them to make the right move at the right time.
- Mapping and Streamlining. Hopex includes the tool that let organizations get a macro overview of their entire organization, showing them what they need to implement flexible IT systems and align their operating frameworks with business strategies.
- Decision Making and Digital Transformation. Hopex was designed to help businesses of all types not only build quality transition plans but to allow them to compare and prioritize specific tasks to see the impact of decisions in real-time.
- Increased Collaboration. Because of the easy-to-use interface, everyone can contribute to an ongoing project instantly. This guarantees that people aren’t just aware of how changes are affecting an entire enterprise, but also provides the critical context of “why” as well.
ARDOQ ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE SOFTWARE
Website URL: https://ardoq.com/
As an enterprise architecture tool, Ardoq is intended to be the single platform that businesses need for the mission-critical textual and visual documentation they’re involved with on a daily basis. Ardoq can automatically generate visualizations based on existing data, creating the visibility and agility they need to respond to rapid industry changes.
- Consolidate Documentation. Ardoq provides a way for businesses to document processes, integrations, dependencies and more.
- Visual Exploration. Ardoq’s built-in visualizations can be used to explore connected components, create new ones and more.
Company: Visual Paradigm
Website URL: https://www.visual-paradigm.com/
At its core, TOGAF ADM is a solution that allows businesses to not only learn visually but also to navigate and develop the types of unique deliverables needed at precisely the right moment in each phase of development.
- Actionable Guide Process. TOGAF ADM provides modeling tools, samples, guidelines, and techniques – all the visual and actionable activities necessary to guarantee proper development.
- Auto Versioning and Deliverable Generation. TOGAF ADM automatically saves work with different versioning from various teams, helping to streamline collaboration and letting businesses keep better track of architecture work in progress.
Corso AGILE ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
Website URL: https://www.corso3.com/
Corso’s Agile Enterprise Architecture gives businesses an opportunity to align IT capabilities with strategy objectives, guaranteeing an agility needed to support investment-based decision-making.
- Complete Visibility. Corso’s Agile Enterprise Architecture solution was built to allow businesses to plan, analyze and manage change across its IT capabilities.
- Reduce Complexity. Corso is also intended for an organization to reduce its architecture complexity, thus supporting both analysis and innovation regarding technology initiatives.
- Diagrams. Diagrams can be custom built to give organizations a better opportunity to plan, analyze and communicate architecture.
- Drag and Drop Interface. Corso features an easy-to-use, intuitive drag and drop interface that eliminates the learning curve usually required to engage all stakeholders in the collaboration process.
Company: Sparx Systems
Website URL: http://www.sparxsystems.com/
Enterprise Architect 13 from Sparx Systems is an integrated modeling platform that offers full lifecycle modeling for business and IT systems, software and systems engineering, real-time and embedded development and more.
- Built-in Reporting and Documentation. Enterprise Architect 13 allows for high-quality reporting and documentation, helping to keep track of changes and create a shared vision efficiently and accurately.
- Testing and Maintenance Models. Enterprise Architect 13 offers testing and maintenance models using BPMN, SysML, UML and other necessary open standards.
Website URL: http://www.bizzdesign.com/
Enterprise Studio from BiZZdesign is a single platform that allows organizations to plan, track and execute change across an enterprise. It includes integrated modeling across many disciplines, increasing the ease at which collaboration, productivity, and change can occur.
- Powerful Dashboards. BiZZdesign includes dashboards that support customizable heat maps, tables, graphs and more.
- Comprehensive Analysis. With the click of a button, BiZZdesign can show users impact-of-change, cost, risk and benefits assessments.
ABACUS ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
Company: Avolution Software
Website URL: http://www.avolutionsoftware.com/
READ MORE:Enterprise Architecture Tools