Sales coaching software gives salespeople and managers the ability to analyze and collaborate on sales calls and emails to help refine technique, establish best practices, and improve sales close rates. After a successful onboarding, a salesperson will continue to master different tactics and shape their approach based on different clients and situations. Sales coaching tools enable continuous training with features such as conversation intelligence, live feedback from observers, and the signalling of upsell or close opportunities. These platforms may also provide a repository of past conversations so employees can access and review both their own sales calls and calls from other team members. Sales coaching software is used across the sales department and can also be leveraged by the marketing team to identify winning behaviors and increase win rates. In some cases, live feedback or review will be aided by a third-party representative or artificial intelligence. With help from these tools, teams can reduce ramp time by quickly identifying areas for improvement and aligning the messaging and approach among client-facing salespeople.
Sales coaching software is a natural complement to sales training and onboarding software, which trains new hires and provides continual training through role-playing, skills assessments, and microcourses. Sales coaching software may integrate with outbound call tracking software to streamline cold dialing and lead follow-up calls, and integrate with or share features of web conferencing softwarefor joint/observed calls with clients. These tools may also integrate with sales enablement software and sales performance management software so sellers can access relevant resources and receive feedback on their overall success, respectively. Emails and calls captured within a sales coaching platform will often be tied to customer data in the company’s CRM software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Sales Coaching category, a product must:
- Offer capture, analysis, and feedback tools related to sale calls
- Help identify pivotal moments or opportunities in conversations, as well as areas for improvement, to share with the corresponding salesperson
- Integrate with call dialers and/or CRM software to pull and store sales call information
Sales Coaching Software Grid®Overview
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Brainshark, LevelEleven, LearnCore, SalesLoft, ExecVision, Gong, and Chorus.ai
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders High Performers include: Membrain, RingDNA, Truly, Jiminny, VoiceOps, Rallyware, and Xvoyant
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Qstream, Bridge, and vPlaybook
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: CommercialTribe and SharperAx